We use "cookies", a small piece of data that is sent to your browser or mobile device by websites, mobile apps, and advertisements that you access or use. This data is stored on your browser or mobile device and helps website and mobile apps to remember things about you to improve your experience with the website. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You can change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
To find out more about cookies, visit this site or www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Advertising and analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information does not identify any individual user. It is aggregated and anonymous. Information included in this analysis is number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited while on this site, time of day visited our site, if this is a new or repeat visitor, and other comparable information. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site. Please see below for a listing of our analytics providers.
- Essential cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These include cookies that allow you access to a members only part of the site or help the content of our site load quickly. These cookies are only used to provide you with these services.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected such as login details or other selections you may have made. These are designed to make it easier to use our site and not have to set the same preferences every time.
- Social Media cookies: We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network sends us data that you have set to share. If you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow you to track browsing habits as you visit the site. Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on a third-party site such as a social media platform. Within these cookies, we may also know your precise location such as latitude, longitude, GeoIP, and other location specific information. Please see below for your choices on cookies in the use of advertising.
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt-out of receiving emails from us. Please see the Your Choices section below.
- We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
- Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
We may from time to time contract with third party vendors to send direct mail or catalogs to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services. In order to do so, such vendor may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website using cookies. Third-party vendors may then pool the anonymous information that they collect from our website with other sources of information, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of determining whether you might be interested in receiving direct mail or a catalog. To opt-out of receiving our direct mail or catalogs, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1 (800) 514-3750.
We also display interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites or content. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our sites, visiting or interactive on sites that contain our content or ads. We follow the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party sites that display our interest-based ads. However, advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may make assumptions about users based on their interactions. Also, we may receive third party service providers, information from about you (such as the sites where you have been shown ads or demographic information) from offline and online sources. We use this information to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
Don’t want cookies?
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on its website.
You can opt outopt-out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://youradchoices.com), the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. In addition, on your iPhone, iPad or Android, you can change your device settings to control whether you see online interest-based ads. You can also opt-out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
If you limit the ability of websites and applications to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience and/or lose the ability to access the services, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings, like login information.
Do Not Track Signals?
Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as traffic data described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a "do not track" message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part. Please note, however, that our honoring a do not track request from your browser does not affect personal information that you have, or will in the future, submit to us.
Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior and after visiting our website. That said, we cannot control third party tracking and there could be some third-party tracking over time and across third-party websites that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
Social Media Technologies
When you use social media platforms, each platform has its own technologies and policies to be aware of. For information on limiting the use of widgets and sharing functions with social networks, see below:
- For Twitter widgets, you can find more information here.
- For Facebook widgets, you can find more information here.